Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Be A Changemaker Bootcamp
Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
Vancouver, British Columbia
Are you a Starbucks Partner or university student with an idea to create positive social change in your community? Want to win $1000 to make your idea a reality?
This is your opportunity to learn how to launch, lead,
and implement your own project to create positive change in your community!
This exciting competition will be delivered by Ashoka Canada and Starbucks Canada and will allow Starbucks Partners and university students to learn about social entrepreneurship and become changemakers in their community.
Don't just think about it, do it! Empower yourself by joining the Be a Changemaker Challenge!
By joining the challenge you will:
- Have a chance to compete and win $1000 in seed funding to turn your idea for positive social change into reality
- Receive a full day of training and support (Be a Changemaker Challenge Bootcamp) to develop your ideas, learn how to create a business case and implementation plan for your own community project
- Get access to materials and resources invaluable to starting and maintaining your own community project/social venture
- Receive continued support and mentorship for your project development via user-driven online learning platform led by Ashoka
- Have ongoing post-launch support and year-long fellowship for students’ community projects as well as changemaker skills development and leadership
Be a Changemaker Challenge Bootcamp
Be a Changemaker Challenge Bootcamp will take place on October 13, 2012 from 8am - 3pm at the Vancouver Public Library. Giving you the tools to create the change you want to see in your community, this workshop will delve into Social Entrepreneurship 101, Root Cause Analysis & Idea Marketplace, Special Guest Speakers, Market Analysis & Social Business Plan, and much, much more!
Again, up to 10 teams will be eligible for up to $1,000 each in seed funding to launch their ventures, in addition to incubation support through Ashoka Canada and Ashoka's Youth Venture. The Be a Changemaker Challenge Panel to select the winners will take place on December 8, 2012.
Participation is free but you MUST register by October 5. Please note, priority will be given to Starbucks Partners.
Everyone can be a changemaker - start today!
For the latest updates on the competition Visit starbucks.ca/thrive or follow #SBUXThrive! Tweet @AshokaCanada if you have any questions!
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs – individuals with system-changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems.
Ashoka envisions a world where Everyone can be a Changemaker™: a world that responds quickly and effectively to social challenges, and where each individual has the freedom, confidence and societal support to address any social problem and drive change.
Read more about how we're building a country of changemakers in our annual report!
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.